The following information is provided for products that do not have a specific owner's manual and is intended as a general guide for basic care and maintenance of your U.S. Divers Snorkeling Mask.
The new Avila Jr mask is designed with ease and comfort in mind so kids can simply grab their snorkeling gear and go explore. The single curved antifog lens provides a panoramic view for hours of fun in the water with maximum clarity. The stylish and functional elastic fabric strap eliminates hair-pulling for a hassle-free experience. Paired with the hypoallergenic silicone skirt for a soft, comfortable fit, giving you the ease to go out and explore the water. Designed for ages 6+
ONE YEAR WARRANTY
30 DAY RETURNS
100% SECURE CHECKOUT
ABOUT Avila Jr
- Sized for Juniors
- Recommended for ages 6+, the skirt is designed to fit smaller faces
- No leaks, No Worries
- The face skirt is soft and comfortable and provides a perfect fit to keep water out of the mask
- Elastic Strap Easily Adjust to Fit
- Easy-to-adjust, quick release three-way buckles, and elastic strap designed to prevent hair pulling and provide a comfortable, secure fit
- Visibility & Durability
- Shatter-resistant lens for improved durability, and embedded anti-fog for an ultra-clear vision of the aquatic world
Care & Maintenance
CARE & MAINTENANCE: MASKS
CARE & MAINTENANCE: MASKS
CARE BEFORE SNORKELING:
- During the manufacturing process, a thin film of silicone will develop on the glass lens. This film of silicone will cause rapid fogging that is resistant to conventional anti-fog measures. It is important to remove this film of silicone from the lens prior to your first dive. To remove the film you will need to scrub the lens inside and out with a mild abrasive. A paste toothpaste is ideal but a liquid scrub will also work. Rub the cleanser into the lens with your fingers several times and then rinse clean thoroughly. Mask fogging is a normal occurrence, even after the film of silicone has been removed. Normal fogging can be easily prevented with after market anti-fog agents or saliva. Rub onto the lens and then rinse. Some after after-market anti-fog agents contain formaldehyde, alcohol, or other substances that may damage the plastic materials used in your mask. If unsure, avoid prolonged exposure of the anti-fog agent with the plastic parts of your mask. For those with long hair, to avoid pulling or tangling while putting on and removing, it is recommended to place the hair into a pony-tail or similar style that keeps loose hair from interacting with the buckle's adjustment functions.
- Some after after-market anti-fog agents contain formaldehyde, alcohol, or other substances that may damage the plastic materials used in your mask. If unsure, avoid prolonged exposure of the anti-fog agent with the plastic parts of your mask.
CARE DURING SNORKELING:
- If your snorkeling mask fogs up, carefully remove it and use your finger to spread saliva over your lens. Your mask may include a one-way purge valve. If your mask should experience some water entering, you may have your mask cinched too tightly, causing the sides of the mask to slightly lift off your face, compromising the seal of your mask's skirt. If your mask routinely leaks, loosen the fit of your straps until it still snug enough against your face to form a seal without lifting away from your face. To quickly clear a small amount of water, hold your mask firmly against your face and exhale sharply, forcing the water out through your purge valve.
CARE AFTER SNORKELING:
- Soak your snorkeling set in warm fresh water (not over 120°F) to dissolve salt crystals or rinse away chlorine.
- Rinse thoroughly with fresh water and towel dry before final storage.
- Store in a cool, dry and protected place away from high heat or direct sunlight.
- Avoid any contact with alcohol, oil, gasoline, aerosols, or chemical solvents.
- Do not expose any part to aerosol spray, as some aerosol propellants attack or degrade rubber and plastic materials.
- Do not use any type of alcohol, solvent or petroleum based substances to clean or lubricate any part.
- Do not store your equipment near oil, gasoline, chemicals, or solvents.
Something went wrong, please contact us!